Malicious Code in Joomla Website
Did You Get Malicious Code Alert for Your Joomla Site?If there is an alert about malicious code about your Joomla site in most cases it is a piece of code inserted in to the top or the bottom of every .php files within the sub-directories of your Joomla install.
Reason of Malicious CodeIt is often difficult to determine the reason either a Joomla Exploit (iframe) or if the lamers got the account password and injected via FTP or /administrator
Malicious Code Infection is mostly common because having a weak password or breached password however.
- Scan your local computer, computer of your clients, your webmaster or your developer who access to your hosting account
You can do this scan with an up to date tool such as : http://malwarebytes.org
- Update your cPanel and/or FTP password with a strong password that is not easily guessable. Use a really strong password, not only alpha-numarical, also use special characters like @&%|$
- Create a google webmaster account and Submit your site for a re-scan using your Google Webmaster account.
You can get information about how to create a google webmaster account: More Information About Google Webmaster Account Create Your Google Webmasters Account Here
- Your Local Computer may have malicious iframes
- You can use the following online vulnerability scanner and ensure your software is up-to-date: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanni ... ?task=load
- Download antivirus and fully scan your PC for malicious files. Here are some free online scanners:
- Update all passwords that may have been obtained. Do not use old passwords, generate new ones
- Upload older versions of the files or contact support for assistance removing the malicious iframes.
How to prevent?
- Ensure you use the latest browser version
- Use Firefox with addon "noscript"
- Download and install some (free) antivirus software, make sure it stays updated
MAKE BACKUP and DOWNLOAD BACKUP REGULARLYYou can use cPanel features to make a back-up or you can use https://www.Akeebabackup.com
Malicious Code in Joomla Website, How to prevent and remove malicious code from your joomla site
joomla malicious joomla malicious code joomla site malicious code